Tuesday, August 30, 2005

The Black Hole

...another nightmare ....feeling gutted... plunging into a major depression and a sea of blackness...for the time being I'm brain dead ...even blogging or reading my favourite blogs is not helping........hopefully the climb up shall be merciful . Amen

Usually the only solution is closed- circuit, high- volume, non-stop , mega-bass playing of Gary Moore's " Still Got the Blue" while driving the car with the foot firmly on the gas pedal till you hit the floor until you no longer know where you are... just make sure you have plenty of fuel to come back..... unfortunately I can't do that right now ...too far away from my car .....the next best thing is to listen here / now and pray that the neighbours DO NOT complain or get me arrested for disturbing the peace....but tonight I can't make me up my mind if 'Parisian Walkways' is more fitting ? Man that guitar high pitch screaming is enough to let the hair stand up on my skin and wake up the dead or cure any blues....

Ladies and Gentlemen I give you Gary Moore's Still got the Blues

Used to be so easy to give my heart away
But I found out the hard way
There's a price you have to pay
I found out that love was no friend of mine
I should have known time after time
So long, it was so long ago
But I've still got the blues for you
Used to be so easy to fall in love again
But I found out the hard way
It's a road that leads to pain
I found that love was more than just a game
You're playin' to winBut you lose just the same
So long, it was so long ago
But I've still got the blues for you
So many years since I've seen your face
Here in my heart, there's an empty space
Where you used to be
So long, it was so long ago
But I've still got the blues for you
Though the days come and go
There is one thing I know
I've still got the blues for you.

7 comments:

programmer craig said...

I wish I had some advice to give, but I really don't :\

I usually try to change whatever it is that I'm doing, and see if it makes me feel better. Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. I have a tendency to get into a lot of negative thinking when I'm feeling down, which usually makes me angry instead of depressed. Is that better? Sometimes it feels like it is. The best possible solution for me is to make a conscious effort to get out of myself and try to have a positive impact on my environment or on the people I come into contact with... that always makes me feel better. But, it's easier said than done!

You always have a positive impact on me when you write, Highlander, and I'm sure you do on other people as well.

So... eh... anyway... snap out of it already! :p

The Sandmonkey said...

Hope u feel better.

AK said...

Highlander

Best way to get past this is to try think something ridiculous like purple dogs or think of nightmare in colour or warped or with a squeaky voice

hope feel better soon

Anonymous said...

Well, I have a good piece of news for you Highlander:

Nothing lasts forever my friend, Including of course
your current state of depression.

I don’t need to prove that to you Highlander.
I am sure you have seen many moments of joy and
Others of sadness before. So cheer up my friend.
Take long deep breaths. Watch a nice film.
Eat a ton of chocolates while staring calmly out of your
Favorite window. And take a good night sleep.
It will be over soon I am sure.

Another point I wish to make is that only high cultured
Humans with soaring education and exceptionally sensitive
Souls are susceptible to such states of despair my friend.

On the other hand look at people with dull minds and stupid brains.
They usually labor all day long doing menial muscle based
Mule like work. They go to sleep at the end of the day
After filling their stomachs with beer. Not having any
Remorse or anything to worry or to get depressed about.

Our legendary poet Abu-Tayeb Al-Mutanabi spelled it out
Most beautifully in this great poem:

ذو العقل يشقى في النعيم بعقله
وأخو الجهالة في الشقاوة ينعم

I am short of words to give it any proper translation to English.
Can you give it a try for the sake of PC and all the other honorable
audience of this wonderful podium.

Cheer up again my friend……… You are one of those
Elite ones………..

DM

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Reema, P-Craig, Sandmonkey, Alan and DM.... I'm doing my best nothing is working yet..it's like a wave ebbing back and forth ...

Mitchell said...

"A journey that begins where everything ends!"

smokey spice said...

Oh highlander... you too! Now I feel even worse for my absence.

I don't know what your blues are about, but my saving grace lately has been patience, solitude, and giving myself a break (even if no one else will). Another recent discovery is that a grueling work out does wonders for my tension. Go extreme.

I hope you feel better ya ukhti. And it's true that nothing lasts forever even if it leaves a mark.

Salamat,

Smokey