First MaGdee then Sandmonkey tagged me for this book meme. Thank you both. I also have to thank DNA for its definition :‘chain email for blogs thingy’.
I thinks what we read says a lot about the person. Moreover, I noticed that one more thing we Arab bloggers have in common ( apart from English language skills) is we READ a lot. So welcome to my world .
Total number of books owned:- Let us say that I had to have them professionally catalogued last year, and to order made to measure bookshelves. Also my mum has threatened to build a 'penthouse' ( read send into exile) on top of our home to ban me and the books if she sees one more book lying on my bedroom floor - oh and I'm very possessive about them seriously.
Last book bought:- Between God and the Sultan by Vikor Knut and Hugh Miles' : Al-Jazeera
Last book read:- L'islamisme en face by Francois Burgat - highly recommended. For non French speakers you can check the English version here.
Five books that mean a lot to you:- Well I am placing the Holy Qur'an out of any competition that goes without saying ( my personal opinion). So here are my top 5.
(1) The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand; since I discovered it at the age of 14 in my uncle's library I fell in love with the main character Howard Roark - no man has measured up to this fictional hero yet ;)
(2) Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance - Robert M. Pirsig
(3) Sun Signs - Linda Goodman
(4) The Bible, The Qur'an and Science - Maurice Bucaille
(5) Dictionary of Chemistry
Tag five people to continue this meme:-
(1) Khadijateri(2) Red_enclave(3) Iraqispirit(4) AK_Land(5) Wired Temples .
Wanted to tag Sandmonkey but someone beat me to it. Also Twosret was on my list but she was already tagged.
Of course readers are invited to share their favourite books etc....Please do.