Friday, March 09, 2007

The best of the Libyan blogosphere -February 2007

I've been too busy lately and missed out on posting these monthly items on time, but as the saying goes better late than never !

AngloLibyan made two outstanding post about Libya's AIDS children, if you still have not read them they deserve your attention :
(1) who is Michael Shields

"One of the strangest name calling I found which was repeated many times, was calling Libyans, gypsies! as far as I know Bulgaria has many gypsies yet they seem to use this word as an insult, I do not find calling me a gypsy an insult, Libyans are not gypsies but perhaps this shows how some so called civilised nations are racists against their own people, shame.' "
"
(2) Unite for children , unite against AIDS
"I keep leaving university then come back because I feel there is no point in studying, I am dead.
Psychologically I am destroyed from the inside, I will not keep quiet about my case ever, my life was stolen from me "


Ema from Ema's world , brought up the topic of the strange Gulf fashion sweeping Libyan females, the modern hijabi look. We Libyans add a twist to everything . I'll make a post about that soon, in the meantime enjoy modern fe3enak !
"I was never convinced that this newly imported style is something good, and I guess it's been imported from the Gulf countries cause the 3baya is originally from there, and after the opening in relations and economy boosting, traveling became easier to there especially Dubai where the trends came from I guess."


Abughilan posted about an Italian soldier who deserted his company joined Omar Mukhtar , became a Muslim and married a Libyan woman, until his capture and execution.

"Carmine Iorio became one of the soldiers in the Italian garrison of Derna. It seems that Carmine was very inquisitive of his new environment and wished to learn Arabic language and to understand the Quran" [more]

A.Adam' s we are toghether for children, a beautiful post to thank his Hungarian friend Nora for her hard work in helping Libyan sick children. !

"Nora is a Hungarian girl, she has did something to help Libyan children who has (HIV), she participate in a society projects to help those children,We are one Libyan group thanking Nora from the bottom of our hearts for standing with us.Who ever you are, wherever you are, together we can bring the light to the world and give children hope to live peace. And to all people, if there are some people like Nora who think others, we will live in peace. So thank you Nora" [more]

Libyano posted about donating blood which is badly needed in Libya :

"I donated before and I noticed something really different in the donation room from all the other areas in the hospital , you don't know how staff would be so pleased to see you and to serve you the minute they know you are here for donation , go to Alkhadra hospital on emergency entrance ask for the blood donation room and they will show you and help you out , and the same as in TMC ( Tripoli Medical Center ) go to the emergency entrance and ask in the reception where you can donate blood , they will take a blood sample from you first for viral screening HIV , hepatitis B and C , and to measure your hemoglobin level , the results will come the next day then when you come inshallah everything will be good and they measure your blood pressure and then you can give the liquid of life , you don't know how happy you will feel after that ." [more]

The Lost Libyano blogging from the US made a stricking post which brought so many lovely memories I am a 90s kid !

"If you grew up in the 90's, you gotta read this!!!!!Anybody under the age of 13 should not read this, and if you do, you should not repost this.Just because you were born in '97 doesn't mean you're a 90's kid.It's not like you could remember the original Simpsons. I am sorry but three conscious years of the 90's just wont cut it." [more]

3 comments:

Anglo-Libyan said...

thank you highlander, I always appreciate being mentioned on your fantastic blog :o)

Anonymous said...

thank you sweetie for mentioning my topic here...

;)

Highlander said...

You are welcome Anglolibyan and Ema , I mention them because I think your posts add value :)

All the best in your blogging !