Friday, February 03, 2006

Condolences to the victims of the Egyptian ferry disaster

I was shocked when I saw the breaking news ticker today over 1000 people are dead.

"ان لله وان اليه راجعون"
ربنا يصبر اهاليهم

Update 4:30 am Saturday

My uncle and cousin are supposed to take the ferry to Egypt from the ME on Friday, I just realised this NOW ....dear God please let it be not them on the ferry. Please please please .....no one has thought about it yet in the family and I'm not going to ..first will have to be patient to contact their hotel and find out what time they left . Ya rab 2oltof , the other cousin's cellphone who was supposed to meet them is out of coverage .


Update 2

ok I was hysterical - the news is they are taking the ferry from Jordan. But still have not heard from them so hope all is right . Thank you guys for caring.

Final update 9.46 pm 4/2/06

I'm really angry and upset about this whole ferry accident especially that as Sandmonkey says there could be some mess up by the company cover up and betrayal ...this is DISGUSTING (thanks Sandmonkey for putting up). That is so scary I can't imagine the fear and pain of the dying passengers. If the turns out to be true the crew should be sentenced to death nothing less.

As for my uncle, we finally located him and the cousin, they are waiting for the ferry from the Aqaba port in Jordan. Alhamdulilah.


5 comments:

Twosret said...

Highlander,

I really hope you know something about your relatives. This is so sad :( Please update us with your news.

Deepest condolences to the Egyptians or any other nationalities who are affected by this disaster.

Hannibal said...

Highlander my prayers to Allah the Almighty that your relatives are safe, Inchallah ya rab.

My most sincere condolences and deepest sympathy to the families of the deceased. Inna lilahi we inna ilaihi raj3oun.

AK said...

Hopefully they will be ok, cant say much beyond that

Twosret said...

Highlander,

All the news are not reporting any Libyan's on the ship. I hope you heard something from your relatives.

Anonymous said...

Thank you all