Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Show us your book list !

Some of you expressed interest in what I was reading ( wink @ NBA) ; below is a current partial list on my night stand => check the links for details. I know that you know that I'm not just a boots babe ;)

(a) Alsadek Alnayhum 's Al Islam fil alasr ( Arabic) " Hostage Islam : who stole the mosque and where did Friday disappear" my loose translation so pls no bashing.
(b) A history of modern Libya
(c) Le livre des seductions ( French)
(d) Muhajababes
(e) Al kitab wal Qur'an ( Arabic)
(f) Islamic and Arabic names and their meaning (Arabic)
(g) The next attack : the globalization of Jihad
(h) No virtue like necessity : Realist thought in international relations since Machiavelli
(i) The Taliban phenomenon
(j) NTC's Hebrew and English Dictionary
(k) Synopsis of Psychiatry
(l) Trigeminal Neuralgia
(m) As a matter of interest by Tunkul Abdul Rahman

You can tell me what you think and show us what you are reading - how about that as a game ? So I can find out about your eccentrities and secrets lol...

2 comments:

غازي القبلاوي Ghazi Gheblawi said...

great idea, my list is:
1. Mao: the unknown story
2. The Sea. (novel) by John Banville
3. Septimius Severus: The African Emperor
4.My name is Red by Orhan Pamuk
5.the newyork Triology by Paul Auster
6. of Mice and Men John by Steinbeck
7. The birthday Party (play) by Harold Pinter
8. Breaking the Spell: Religion as a Natural Phenomenon - Daniel C. Dennett
9. 54 (novel) by Wu Ming
10. Al Saheel (The neighing) (short stories) Arabic by Mohamed Al Zintani

Highlander said...

Libyan Warrior that is an interesting list you have . I would like to read 1, 2, 7,8,9, 11 ! I do recommend Al kitab wal Qur'an . I got hooked when I saw an interview with the author on MBC or was it some Egyptian channel ? anyway the host speaker coould not debate the guy it was fantastic !

Ghazi :) Salam , that's not fair you have such gorgeous lists of books you too, it will take me a lifetime to read all this .

Redenclave, I was impressed by Tunkul Abdul Rahman and wanted to find out more about his thoughts .